Tuesday, March 3, 2009

"Stepping into others' shoes"

2nd RS meeting(should be 3rd but i missed the first meeting)...

Today's meeting was fun maybe because we have known each other in the committee quite well and can joke together. After my class (8-10am,2-4pm), I went to the meeting place and waited for the meeting to start at 5pm till 7pm. Really exhausted!

As the head of publicity, I was asked to present my artwork, viz., name tag design, t-shirt design and the design of theme for booklet. President then asked me to explain. I was shocked and brain cell couldn't function for a while! Actually, still functioned quite fast because I asked each of the committee member to imagine and tell me what they could see from my design first instead of explaining at the second. ha..smart,yea? =P After passing through, I still finally needed to explain. Ha..Don't know what I was trying to say. I didn't know how to express my view. -.-" Then, president "rescued" me! He suggested to let him say about his feeling. Wow..Exactly the same like what I wanted to say. Ha.. Actually, quite obviously la, just others are lack of imagination. Wahaha..

The booklet was commented the best among other artworks. So happy to hear it... =) The president said very nice d. Ha..thx to my senior for his honest comments. Name tag was commented as good. Then, the t-shirt wasn't that good. I was thinking of happiness and kids while designing so I made it as simple and as "childish" as I could. The members had a little comments, just asking to add something. Reagen had the most comments maybe due to the theme contributed by him. He commented funnily, like "I prefer open wings.....,etc.." But, while I was jotting down, he concluded like that," Err.. Actually nothing la, you just follow yours. It's already good." *Fainted. -.-" Swt..

After the meeting, I only started to get real and useful comments from the president, 清蒸(don't laugh, I know you're laughing but his name is really pronounced like tht ma). =P

I stayed back for a while. He really did inspire me. He asked me to step into others' shoes when designing like to imagine how the kids will read the words on our t-shirt, what will be covered if the shirt is too long, and most importantly, the design! What type of impression will be given to people there for wearing t-shirt. We're college students. So, we should design based on our age. (means my design is quite childish -.-") turn a big round to describe childish. Ha..Actually, TianXin's nothing. She prefers honest comments. =)

Wa~..too much to write..late now. stop here. night!

No comments:

Post a Comment