Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Lucky Day

There was a piece of glass in my pudding!!!
Is this considered lucky?! haha..
Let me start the story of today, 22nd Oct 2009!

As assigned, I acted as waitress today in our sales management presentation. This is the most special presentation I have as we needed to seriously play the role of sales people to persuade our lecturer, Ms. Putri (acted as customer) to purchase our product/service. It was a group of five, i.e., Tuan Tynn, Sai Yung, Liya, Tracy and me. Being with a group with Tuan Tynn is undoubtedly that we can experience the process of doing a group assignment. We went through the first stage of brainstorming to select an idea, combining ideas, dividing work, and lastly, we even rehearsed. The division of job was clear as everyone knew what to do. And, we also helped out each other. Honestly speaking, I contributed the least for this assignment. Sai Yung led the group, Tuan Tynn partnered with Sai Yung to approach our prospect(Ms.Putri), Liya did the paperwork, Tracy and I were in-charge of video production.

One week before our presentation day, we also discussed the roles to play. Tracy and I were the waitresses and in-charge of food and beverage. Now I know how tiring it is as a waitress. During rehearsal, we discussed the pattern of walking, the way we should greet, the arrangement of venue(how many chairs & tables), backup plan etc..It was really a full rehearsal.

Our presentation day which was today had finally reached. Our appointment with Ms.Putri was 11am, we even assigned Liya to chat with Ms.Putri in waiting room while we were settling our stuffs. Unfortunately, there was a class going on in our class. We couldn't prepare the venue and they ended late when Ms.Putri had reached. Finally, we were able to enter the class and quickly we arranged the tables, settled the food and beverage (coffee and tea), "PA system", projector, cups and other stuffs. Music was played, just like dining in a restaurant in hotel.

Ms. Puri was away after waiting for so long for the previous class to end. So, she went back to her office and waited. Tuan Tynn as marketing executive, called her and asked her whereabout, telling her that Liya (the marketing manager) would lead her to the venue. Oooo...looked real~ I was standing there, preparing to open the door to welcome them. Everyone was so nervous that time, same to me because when there were people walked by, I would give wrong hint to others that our customers had arrived. Swt... =.="

Our customers had reached. Once they sat down, our marketing executives (S.Yung & Tynn) greeted them and waitress served coffee and light food. Everything was on plan! Yay! But, thanks to INTI's water dispenser which provided water that wasn't that hot, causing the creamer couldn't melt in the coffee when they used "Hotel Equatorial's creamer in packet" !!! But, the presentation had started. So, Tracy and I couldn't help out because it would be interrupting them. We could only changed their coffee when presentation ended and it was time for SaiYung to persuade.

After ending, we chit-chatted with our customers for feedbacks. It was commented good with our effort spent in pretending as customers to "steal" information from Hotel Equatorial (we were representing it and persuading our lecturer to choose it), printing name cards for our "marketing executives", preparing coffee & tea, wearing waitress uniform (Tracy & I), and others. It created a good experience for them! Yay!

Then, we went to celebrate at Kim Gary Restaurant at Sunway Pyramid! And, here, I found a piece of broken glass in my pudding! At first, I thought it was ice.But, sounded weird. haha..Luckily the pudding wasn't that nice so I was playing with the pudding by cutting off into pieces before entering the pudding into my mouth. On the other hand, I didn't just refuse to finish off as STACT taught us "not to waste food", if not, I wouldn't notice the glass and I wouldn't get free meal. So, conclusion is "There's SOMETHING as a free lunch" if you got "UFO" in your meal. Haha..At first, the waiter who we told acted very normal, just like it's common to them already. SaiYung then wrote in their feedback form. She wrote: " I nearly died because of the piece of broken glass in my pudding if I didn't notice! And, when we told the waiter. He acted so normally and didn't even apologize. ...."

After a while, the waiter came and said that they would not charge the price of my set meal. And, everyone was hoping that there would be another piece of broken glass in her meal. =.= So, with such reason, I had a free lunch which cost RM 16. =P "Look at the brighter side", as the saying goes. As TianXin says," Wu suo wei, Kai xin jiu hao" ..haha..
It's really great to be in group with them.

Due to over-tiring mind, after Tracy fetched me home, I slept for 5 hours. la la la~ so nice~

good mood for today~

p/s:surprisingly, I could score 51.59/60 for my psychology coursework marks! Now, I'm aiming for A! Hope I could score GPA 3.5 and above!


No comments:

Post a Comment