Tuesday, May 12, 2009

7 days to another planet--Temerloh, Pahang for community service

Sorry, my beloved readers who have waited for so long because there are so many things to write for 7days and with so many activities per day. Finally, I decided not to write in a "report" style. I'll just shorten it and share some funny experiences with you all. I hope that I could "copy" the memory to you like using pendrive. Ha...

1st Day (27/4/2009)

During the adoption ceremony at 4pm on the first day, surprisingly, I had no any special feeling, like feeling excited on which family I would be adopted. I just hoped to be with any STACT ones. I joked with Wai Hong by calling him "Yi Ge", saying that we might be in one family. But, many came to ask me what would I do if I was adopted alone. I said, "Wu suo wei" but was thinking that I wouldn't be so "lucky" gua. But, even it happened, I should be able to handle. After the crapping by those VIPs, foster parents finally started to adopt using the "lucky draw" way. I still didn't have any special feeling but felt glad when others were adopted together with those who they hoped to be with, like WaiHong (the treasurer) and Yong Lee (the cameraman) who are very close to each other, Richard and John (who were the only ones from CHS, besides me),...What a FATE! Then, my name was called!!! I was shocked for seconds when I realized I was alone. And, I started to sing "Yi ge ren gu gu dan dan..." Ha..But, surprisingly, I didn't really feel disappointed because this might be a new and special experience for me. After the adoption ceremony, I was shocked for a while when my foster mom told me that she stays the farthest. The journey back to home needs 15-20 minutes while others just 5-10minutes. Oh my god! I'm not a pro crapper. What should I do in such a long long journey with myself alone and my foster mom???

I followed her back and we chatted on the way back. At first, I was disappointed because I might not have many foster brothers and sisters but when we chatted, WOW!, I have 4 foster brothers and sisters. "Yi Xiong, Di , Jie, Mei" Ha..I'm in the middle one, so balanced..

My elder brother and sister are in KL. Elder brother is a national badminton player who has training regularly at Bkt. Jalil, near my house.Fuyoh.. Ha.. My foster younger sister is only Form 2 while brother is Form 5 students. They were so quiet. Besides that, I realized that I "own" a dog too. The dog doesn't bark, bite, ....unlike others. First day of staying with foster family, I slept with my foster sister and her dog. Haihz.For my first time in my life.

I chatted with my foster family. My foster dad told me that he's a History teacher. But,then, I only realized he's also the assistant of principal. I realized when told by my president. -.-" The whole family plays badminton and is professional in that. The medals are hanging everywhere in the house and the news regarding them are fully pasted on the wall. My younger foster brother is good in studies, debates, playing badminton. Ha..I also don't know what should I do, facing with such positive ones. Our aim of having this community service is to persuade them not to give up studies.

While chatting, my foster dad showed me the photos taken by him today. O.O The only photo he took during the opening ceremony is M.E.-- ME!!! It happened before the adoption part which we didn't expect we'd be in one family. F.A.T.E...I just knew an uncle sitting in front us took his camera out and took a picture . I even joked with Wai Hong that maybe we should have a funny pose. Swt..

End of 1st day...

No comments:

Post a Comment