Friday, January 7, 2011

Listening to your heart...

Today, I got an e-mail reply showing me a great opportunity to have internship at a multinational company. It's a French based event company in Shanghai which has branches in China and U.S. as well.

It's really hard to capture the best, especially there are many opportunities provided! sometimes you're allowed to be greedy, sometimes not. In my case,I think I'm allowed. The question now is:"Is it necessary for me to be greedy?" What I meant as necessary is whether it's necessary to burden my parents for this opportunity. The allowance offered is RMB 1000 but accommodation in Shanghai for a sharing bedroom is ard RMB 1000. I've always let go opportunities because I don't want my parents waste much on me. (lack of confidence) But, I'm really thankful to have a mom who always pushes me to the opportunities.

Now, I think and consider again what if I'm offered with more allowance than the Singaporean company? Everyone will ask me to go for sure. But, listening to my heart, will I be as happy and excited working at the large French company with so many branches abroad as working at the small Singaporean company which has no branch? NO! the answer is a NO!

I suddenly realize that now, I will listen to my heart to decide what is good to me and what pathway do I want. =)
My personal consultants who I always take their advices, QQ and Kiet, strongly recommended me to kill one bird with two stones, sharpening skills at the Singaporean company and exploring the system and culture of a large multinational company! But, finally, I chose not to be greedy, but just to be myself!

"What do you want?" is a question you need to ask yourself time to time. Listening to your heart sometimes is better than listening to the world...

Lastly, a quote inspired by QQ to be share:

Life is full of cycles.There's always a beginning and an ending.You always need to face the reality that you're starting from the bottom. But, keep in mind, "It's not a matter how low is your post but it's a matter how fast you can climb to the top"



No comments:

Post a Comment