Sunday, July 5, 2009

Charity Drive May 09 ^.^


Charity Drive

As a secretary, I played an important role in Charity Drive as the whole committee relied on me to issue memos for booking of equipments and venues. It was really a challenge to me as I haven't taken such role before. I didn't know the departments well. Hence, this really had made me crazy and damaged my brain cell. (Even milk couldn't save my brain cell) My studies were greatly affected. I kept on forgetting things. What a disaster! Really hate those red tapes! I needed to keep on changing the memos and taking to all departments to be approved. Funny -.-" However, I would like to try once again after becoming as member who really takes part in organizing. So far, I haven't really joined in organizing. I was publicity in last project and secretary in Charity Drive event. So, when the event started, I was back-up of helping out other departments instead of planning something.

After busying for 4 days with so many activities like basketball tournament, food fair, games fair, Haunted House and car wash service, Charity Drive May 2009 had finally come to an end
on Friday night (3rd July 09) with the last event- Charity Night held at ICSJ Basketball Court.

Charity Night

For Charity Night, I was assigned to be the usher. I would like to express my gratitude to the one who noticed my "professional" skill as usher during the karaoke session at 19th CS project and suggested me to be usher. Also, thx to them who only told me one day before the Charity Night, when we had our last minute rehearsal. -.-"

Yi fu and yi ye ye came early to "observe" us while we were busy preparing the food for sale. Sherine and I were in charge of booth selling snacks and desserts. Unexpectedly, the food was sold out so fast. So, we needed to keep on preparing with non-stop action. Pro! And, finally we gave up when there were no more food to be cooked. -.-" So, instead of closing our booth at 8pm as planned, we stopped selling at 4pm.

Charity Night started at 8pm. Team spirit, joyful atmosphere, smiling faces and laughters were all around the basketball. &pm, everyone got ready. The audience came one by one. Everyone was busy doing his work.

As usher, I waited at the entrance to welcome VIPs and STACT alumni like Kang Kai, Yat Lei, Chin Lim, etc..
Oh my, VIPs walking towards the entrance, reaching, and finally smiling with us...As discussed, I followed the back of VIPs while Celine led them. Oh my! I was regret to do so as the STACT alumni were at the back of VIPs. As a professional usher, I welcomed the alumni but was bullied by Kang Kai. He squeezed my FACE with his hands. WA~ Child abuser...He delayed me, forcing me to run like a kid to follow the VIPs. Hate him! =P

Standing there like "models" really made Celine and I feel stupidly, especially when inviting the guests to stage, like they didn't know the MCs were calling their names. Ish..

Finally, during performances, ushers were allowed to rest and loiter around. I sat beside Yi Fu. So obedient. ha..
Beside him was the basketball guy (still not willing to call his name =P ). I asked Yi fu whether he needed me to buy herbal egg and peel for him as I promised to practise filial piety towards "parents". He refused. Sad..But, then, Richard- the lame guy, came and sold herbal eggs to them. They bought instantly. What lar.. They even replied that they purposely didn't want to buy from me. So, in return, I said I didn't want to peel for them. They said, "Whatever" because they ( 2 senior citizens) saw wrongly and thought the eggs were peeled. When they realized, they changed rapidly, softening their voice when calling my name and asking for my help. Wahaha..Oh. First time hearing their voice to be so nice like melody, not sound pollution =P "Tian Xin, Tian Xin..." As a good, nice and obedient yi nv, I helped yi fu (Choong Kooi) as I promised him before and ignored the basketball guy. But, finally, I helped him as well. Also, I asked Kang Kai to buy 3 more herbal eggs. He was so "happy" and "willing" to buy. He was so kind that he gave off the herbal eggs to other seniors. Ha..

Then, it was finally ended with lucky draws. Hmm..Nothing funny to discuss..And, here's the end.













No comments:

Post a Comment